Redneck Hillbilly Search

Monday, July 12, 2010

Old Trucks

Eventually I'm going to have an old truck like this one parked out front as a lawn ornament. Perhaps I'll even use it as a garden planter of some sort, wouldn't that be neat?



I snapped this photo and others like it across from the airport, where a farmer had placed two of these old beauties in a shaded grassy area beneath the branches of an old gnarled tree.

Many other products with a close up view should be coming through the product chute eventually, but this poster has been published already. I am really happy with how this turned out. It's another poster that I might someday buy for our vintage games room.

I love the patina of the rusted out fenders, the fact that this antique truck hasn't got a piece of glass or trim left on it, and the way it reminds me of simpler (but in many ways harder) times long before I was born on the family homestead out on the prairies.