Redneck Hillbilly Search

Monday, July 19, 2010

Fluttering Wings

I love the two best photos I got of the Western Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly SO much that I created a couple business cards with them.  I think they turned out pretty well, and would work for many different types of businesses as well as personal profile cards.


First up is a close up macro image of the top half of the butterfly wings on the flower bloom. You don't get to see the fancy tail, but's it's a pretty black and yellow butterfly to anyone (like me) who doesn't know much about butterflies and doesn't need to know what kind it is to know it's a black and yellow butterfly!




It could be the Western Tiger SwallowTail or the Canadian Tiger Swallowtail, and there is also apparently an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail  but I didn't look any further on wiki to determine if the east and west and canadian versions of the tiger swallowtail were actually different or this butterfly actually had multiple names.

Ah, but I babble once again. Let's take another look at that lovely butterfly! This time it shows the entire butterfly and the fancy eye markings on the swallow tail, and more flower. This is closer to the original photo that I took.




and a bookmark style business card. I figure some people read for fun even if  I don't have time to anymore! Might as well use this very feminine butterfly bookmark to mark your page!