Redneck Hillbilly Search

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Broccoli

I've been up to my elbows in broccoli tonight. Picking, trimming, washing.... the blanching and packaging will have to wait for tomorrow because my hands are done and my eyelids are heavy.

The whole Redneck Hillbillies family headed out  for a weekend away and came back to a messy looking overgrown lawn and a jungle garden. Everything in the garden has grown by leaps and bounds, leaving very little walking room. I got four more cucumbers, two yellow zucchinnis and of course mountainloads of broccoli!

I was a little late in getting the broccoli though.  The heads that were too small to pick just a few short days ago were now huge, with open yellow flower blossoms and the odd spot that needed to be cut away. I am sure broccoli is high on the list of the stinkiest vegetable ever to rot if t's not first! I have a cooler full of trimmed and washed broccoli ready for the blanching pot, and buckets of waste trimmings for the cattle.

I figured I'd post a few broccoli related items from other Zazzlers today since I don't have any of my own. Below is an assortment that I chose for various reasons - cute, silly, pathetic, ridiculous, original...







Broccoli Shoe kedsshoe
Broccoli Shoe by tamyb73
Make your own shoes online with zazzle.com


How about a play on words? I love these next few designs. While I might never wear anything even remotely broccoli related (or any other vegetable for that matter) they did make me chuckle. I hope you enjoy them!