Redneck Hillbilly Search

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Vintage Vehicles

Day after day I've driven along the same freeway, by the same farm, with this amazing old antique vehicle parked out front. Halfway between exits, it was neither quick or easy to swing by and snap a photo of it.

The other day was perfect sunshiney weather, and I didn't need to be anywhere in a hurry. I put-putted along country roads with neat old timer houses and split cedar fences, past smelly dairy farms and navigated down narrow lanes with pothole obstacles and deep ditches on either side.

I managed to snap only ONE photo (I know, silly really) but there were two farmers standing in the front yard with amused looks on their faces. No doubt they were  wondering what on earth was wrong with the crazy lady who must have missed the "NO THRU ROAD" sign because noone but locals drives down that road!

A lot of cropping and a little editing and this is what I ended up with:




which I also placed on other items like these:

Antique Truck Father's Day Card card Antique Truck Retirement Party Invite invitationOld Timer Antique Truck Occasion Pin Badge button

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, considering what I had to work with! Next time I'll be sure to snap multiple photos, from multiple angles, farmers watching or not!