Redneck Hillbilly Search

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

That "Other" Site

I made my first website back in 1999 - a crafty type website full of "free primitive country style woodcraft patterns and projects". Type two or three of those similar words in Google and I'll come up somewhere in the first couple pages I'm sure.

I haven't looked at the site for well over 6 yrs, other than a spruce up a few months ago to try to remove dead links. It's terribly outdated, sad even in its current state - but I haven't got the heart to draw or even look at cutesy birdhouses and garden angels these days. A shame really, since that "other" site gets 3-400 visitors a day, while my new pet project, my focus, my life ... the Redneck Hillbillies website ...... gets less than 50.

It's enough to drive a person to drink. And I do. ;p

Anyhooo - Since there's still good traffic there and the site still earns me some money each day, I figured I'd try to promote OTHER people's stuff to crank it up a notch or two. This morning I  linked to half a dozen whimsical birdhouse impulse buy type products to target the first page  most clicked on by hordes of middle aged penny pinching freebie searchers.  Things like:

Change of Address Post Card postcard
Birdhouse Bookmark
Bird House Rock profilecard
Primitive Birdhouse Bag bag



No bites yet, but I hope by the end of the week my efforts have at least earned me the price of a cup of coffee. Even a cheap cup of awful coffee would be nice.