Redneck Hillbilly Search

Friday, June 4, 2010

YAY for me!

Let me first start by saying that I am completely, totally, utterly, and hopelessly addicted to Zazzling.

If you don't have the foggiest idea what I am talking about, then you obviously have not been reading this blog. That's ok, nobody does - so I forgive you! :D

To Zazzle is to create images (usually PNG's or JPG's) and upload and customize them carefully to create masterpieces of the apparel and home/office product variety. In laymen's terms: I slap a graphic or a photo on anything from mugs to t-shirts to mousepads,  add some text here and there, and VOILA!  Dozens of amazing products that people just line up to buy.

Ok, so maybe they don't *exactly* line up to buy them.... but I have made enough sales to want to stick around for a while and see where it will take me. I also sold enough merch to earn a volume bonus the last two months and June is shaping up to be the best yet if things continue as they have been.

My first YAY:

I discovered yesterday that I won an award back in May for being  one of  the top ten  most viewed pair of shoes on  the entire Zazzle site for these beauties


Don't Tread On Me kedsshoe
Don't Tread On Me by RedneckHillbillies
Make your own customizable shoes online at zazzle


I even sold a pair of 'em - and another without the text additions. Not too shabby, eh?!

...and this morning I won a TBA (Today's Best Award) for this postcard.





Many people think these TBAs are picked by monkeys - which I tend to agree with since this photo (while stunningly beautiful if I do say so myself) shifted to the left, leaving a thin white line on the right hand side that should not be there. I swear I just about cried when I got home to read congratulatory emails and discovered my booboo.

I can't delete it and redo it, since it got a TBA and I'm totally chuffed about that. So I created an improved version and linked to it from the original horribly flawed product.

Sigh. Of all the products for me to royally screw up on, it had to be that one! Figures.

Oh well, I still say "YAY me". Gotta keep keepin' on.