Redneck Hillbilly Search

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Crank it OUT!

The beautiful thing about not-so-beautiful weather we've been having here lately is that I can spend far too much time inside plugged into my laptop without feeling guilty or sad about missing the sunshine. The garden that I planted late due to the cold, wet and downright nasty weather now gets watered every single blinkin' day without me having to trudge along with a hose. The lawn can't be mowed, the truck doesn't need to be washed, ... it's pure inside time!

Of course, I should probably be doing more laundry, or cleaning the nooks and crannies in the corners that I never get around to doing and have left for a rainy day. Sure it's a rainy day today, but I didn't mean THIS rainy day! ;p Not the next one, either!

I choose instead to putter around on my Zazzle stores every day that I can before and after my part time job. I've been plugging away consistently, adding new designs and reworking old ones to build up the number of products I can offer through my two stores. Redneck Hillbillies and Country Corner.

It's starting to pay off, and I find I'm selling something almost every day now. Somedays it's a postcard, other days it's 4 t-shirts or a pair of hi-tops  that bring in a little more for my wallet. With each sale I get a clearer idea of what seems to be working and what doesn't, and become even more determined to turn this hobby into a real income. It drives my family CRAZY to see me "Zazzling". I'm a true Zazzle-holic. A zazzleheaded zazzle addict.

I'm getting twitchy just hangin' over here with y'all instead of bein' over there, so I'd better get on with it.

Here are some of my latest designs. Let me know what you think!

My Hick Chick T-shirt that never sold, reworked into a new magnet. Alot of positive comments, but so far no sales on this beauty. I thought it was pretty clever.




Two photos that I snapped yesterday afternoon.







A wasp in our bbq




The neighbour's chicken! (I don't care WHY it crossed the road, just that it did)

Little Red Hen Free Range Eggs Biz Card profilecard
Little Red Hen Free Range Eggs Biz Card by CountryCorner







And this one, also available in different versions




All done trying to flog my wares for today. Go have a peek at the stores and feel free to offer up some suggestions and constructive criticism. If there's something you'd like to see that isn't there, drop me a line and let me know!

Later, Y'all