Redneck Hillbilly Search

Friday, November 6, 2009

Beer.

Need I say more?

Well I suppose I should, since this is a blog and most blog entries consist of more than a title.

 I've been working part time (very part time) for the last few months as a "Brewmaster" at the local U-Brew. A few days a week I go in and cook  up four batches of everything from lawnmower style light lagers to heavy dark ales in big copper brewing kettles.


 On the odd occasion I've even been offered a glass from appreciative customers at bottling time. Where else can you drink beer on the job? I also get paid to brew my own batches of beer. How cool is that? The pay sucks, but the job has it's perks (like cheaper beer!) and the owners are good people so I think I'll stick around for a bit. Did I mention the beer? *hic*

There are two kinds of people: Those that love the smell of a brewery, and those who don't.  I bet you can guess which category I fall into! :D  The hops, the malts, the yeast .... aaaaah. 

Hmmm. I think I'll go crack open another bottle and enjoy the fruits of my labor.