Redneck Hillbilly Search

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Here Kitty Kitty

Imagine my surprise when I looked out the laundry room window the other morning and saw something out of the ordinary in the neighbour's back field! I didn't have my glasses on or my contact lenses in at the time, so while I couldn't see it clearly, I did know it wasn't the usual lone coyote and definately NOT a tabby cat.
Of course, with a nearby resident dumping who knows what here and there the chances of some radioactive chemical causing a genetic mutation of a barn cat isn't entirely out of the question. ;p

Anyways, I ran upstairs as fast as my old legs would carry me and grabbed the camera for two reasons. One, it has 18x optical zoom (I love my camera!) so it doubles as binoculars, especially handy when glasses are not nearby - and two, to snap a photo of this mysterious creature before it turned tail and ran. 
We are smack dab in the middle between a freeway that runs along a mountain, and a handful of rural properties that line a river. Either way it had gone out of it's usual territory and crossed obstacles  in search of field mouse breakfast.

I also filmed it walking around the field while Mr. Redneckhillbillies made strange noises to get its attention.
The video clip shows it's beautiful markings, and odd little tail that doesn't quite suit its body.Watch the Backyard Bobcat video

No comments: