Redneck Hillbilly Search

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Go Canada!

Go Canada!
The spirit is contagious!


While I may not agree with the amount of $$$ spent on the Olympic games,  I certainly do support our local athletes.  They are the reason for the olympics, the whole purpose of all this nonsense - and the over-commercialized items that have registers cha-chinging everywhere.

The amount of determination and focus these people possess is impressive.

We have a decent medals count now - a few of very color from gold to bronze, and many top 10 finishes. I watch the evening news every evening to see where we stand and swell with pride when I hear of my country's achievements. We may not get a medal with every event, but those that finish off the podium still deserve Kudos - just imagine being one of the top 10!

I am a proud Canadian even when it is not "cool" to be so. I may not have a flag waving out my front door or attached to my truck window - and I may not wear the red and white colored hoodies and toques - But I do know that I am fortunate, or "blessed" to be here.

 What an amazing country to have been born in, what  an amazing country to be living in!

 So along with the rest of the crowd you will hear me chant....

"GO CANADA!"