Redneck Hillbilly Search

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Be Dazzled by Zazzle

 With a flashy name like zazzle it's no wonder I'm dazzled.

A few months ago I signed up with Cafe Press - the POD (print on demand) Grand Daddy. I uploaded a few designs in a free basic shop and wonder of all wonders I actually sold a couple things before Christmas. Great products, great variety of colors and styles to choose from, but not geared to the cheap redneck designer like myself that doesn't want to fork out for a premium store. I found it clunky and time consuming to open a new free basic store for every design and lost interest very quickly. I won't close it, that handful of products can stay there for all eternity in the hopes that I hit the minimum payout amount - but I won't bother wasting any more time there.   Boo, Cafe Press.

Rated R Redneck
Around the same time I signed up at Zazzle, and recently turned my attention there after realizing they had numerous advantages over the tried and true Cafe Press. I repeat: Numerous advantages. A decent assortment of products to work with, a fairly straightforward design process, a full blown store I can categorize and organize however I wish, and the options to customize my html or css down the road to truly make it my own  if I ever want to tackle that. Potential earnings increase exponentially with the referral program. I haven't earned a dime there yet, but I'm confident that if I build it, they will come.   

Bye Bye Cafe Press and HELLO Zazzle! (wolf whistle)

Stop by when you get a chance and let me know what you think!